Drinking Liberally District 2 will be meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at The Hyde Park Tavern, 3384 Erie Ave at 7:30PM. We'll be upstairs in the pool room: Go inside, up the staircase just past the hostess and turn right. Look around for the Drinking Liberally table tents.
Remember to follow us on Twitter for reminders and updates.
Tuesday we'll be hosting our first candidate with David Krikorian. David ran as an independent for the 2nd district U.S. representative seat in 2008, and is looking to earn the Democratic nomination in 2010. He has founded multiple small companies and has an extensive background in business. He'll be happy to meet any constituents (and those outside the 2nd district as well) and talk with them about his campaign and the positions he holds on the issues that most concern our area.
This week we saw
- A legacy of the Carter Administration's removal of brewing restrictions: lots of good, craft beers.
- Bill Nye waxing poetic about Metro's new hybrid buses.
- Will a stuffy downtown club close? You can bank on it!
- Sensible exceptions for sensible rules are necessary.
- Warren County's bailout priorities are politically slanted.
- Hillary reminds Mike "Slowpoke" Pence that elections have consequences.
- Does George Stephanopoulos want a list of panelists as long as his name?
- Should we ask for a loyalty oath from all Texans who get Tamiflu?
- One of the great progressive science fiction franchises of all time is Star Trek. Join us on May 8 for the premiere of the new Star Trek movie. Details to follow.
- Our Cincinnati Rollergirls outing on Saturday went pretty well. We'd like to make this a regular event. Hold May 9 for another Rollergirls outing!
- Add our Google calendar to your calendar! Use XML, iCal or a web browser to keep in sync with Drinking Liberally Cincinnati!
We'll be upstairs in the pool room: Go inside, up the staircase just past the hostess and turn right.
The 69 bus stops a short walk away at Marburg and Erie, just past The Coffee Emporium. The 51 bus stops just north of Victoria Ave and Paxton Ave, a pleasant three-quarter mile walk or bike ride away, straight east down Victoria Ave to Erie.