Sherrod Brown follow-up

Sherrod Brown comes through:
Dear Reverend Blackmore:

Thank you for contacting me regarding Senator Joe Lieberman’s role as chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government Affairs. On November 18, the Senate Democratic caucus voted to recommend that Senator Lieberman continue as chair of the Homeland Security Committee while relinquishing his membership and subcommittee chairmanship on the Committee on Environment and Public Works. The full Senate will act on this recommendation in January.

I believe that a committee chairman should be a leader in the party, and I do not believe that Senator Lieberman has demonstrated appropriate leadership. That is why I voted to require Senator Lieberman to relinquish his chairmanship of the Homeland Security Committee. A majority of the Senate Democratic caucus felt differently, however, and I will respect the decision of my colleagues.

I am glad that Senator Lieberman wants to stay in the caucus. I look forward to the Senator’s support on important issues such as jobs, health care, and education.

Thank you again for contacting me.


Sincerely,
Sherrod Brown
I guess he should get some, um, brownie points for his stand.

No comments: