They call it The Iraq War because we're fighting it in The Iraq

If there was any doubt that White House Press Secretary Dana Perino was in way over her head, her appearance on the NPR game show Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me ought to erase all of that. Dana decided to share a little story about the moment when she became the most flustered in her job, and let's just say that she might want to find a story to tell that paints her in a better light. A reporter asked her a question in relation to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Hilarity ensues.

"I was panicked a bit because I really don't know about . . . the Cuban Missile Crisis," said Perino, who at 35 was born about a decade after the 1962 U.S.-Soviet nuclear showdown. "It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."

So she consulted her best source. "I came home and I asked my husband," she recalled. "I said, 'Wasn't that like the Bay of Pigs thing?' And he said, 'Oh, Dana.' "
I'll admit, I don't know much personally about the Cuban Missile Crisis myself. I'm also not the primary spokesperson for the president of the United States. Overall, just yet another embarrassment for this administration.

No comments: