It depends on what your definition of bachelor(ette) is

It's hard to take Forbes' assessment that Cincinnati is #39 of 40 on their list of best cities for singles for several reasons.

For one, they rank the nightlife here as #32 on the list. That's pretty low in my opinion, but they also have Austin as #35. Are you freaking kidding me? They're a billion things to do in Austin at night! The list immediately loses a ton of credibility right there (Ritchie, feel free to chime in).

But its worst offense is who it selected as the city's most eligible singles are: Mayor Mark Mallory and soccer babe/pinup model Heather Mitts. First of all, I'm not even sure that Mitts lives in Cincinnati anymore, I believe she spends most of her time in Philadelphia. Second, since she's very publicly dating both tennis star James Blake and journeyman quarterback A.J. Feeley, I don't think that qualifies as single.

As for Mallory...I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole...

No comments: