Workin' For The Weekend - Breakin' the law, breakin' the law

To get back to some more fun stuff after everything that's gone on this week, I thought it would be fun to re-live some of the more embarrassing moments of our younger days. You know, when we all thought we were invincible and no one could touch us...until we went a little too far.

So here's today's question: what's the closest you ever came to getting arrested? Or if you have, what did you do and what was the experience like?

I was a good little boy, but the closest I came was back in college. I was driving back from a party and got rear-ended. Having had that happen before, I insisted on calling the police to get a full report filed. After doing some investigating, the policeman said that he couldn't file one because the damage was under $150. Well I had a really bad temper back then, so I proceeded to unload on the officer, asking him when he became a certified auto mechanic, and what constituted $150 vs. $151 worth of damage, among other things. I have to say, the officer probably showed more restraint than I deserved, and given the 'quick trigger' of the Bloomington police I think I was lucky to get out of there sans handcuffs.

No comments: