Workin' For The Weekend - So Yesterday

With the success of shows like VH1’s I Love the 80’s, it’s pretty clear that people love to reminisce about fads that have come and gone. So that’s the topic for this week: what fads are you most happy to have seen disappear? Preferably these would be ones from your formative years, as those as the most fun, but any will do.

Since I’m a child of the late ‘70s-early ‘80s, I lived in the age of the fad. Some that I’m glad to see gone are:

  • Pet rocks
  • Leisure suits
  • Rubik’s cubes
  • Generra and Bennetton clothing (and I have a lawsuit pending against these manufacturers for making baggy sweatshirts the en vogue fashion for high school girls during my youth)
  • Anything valley girl related
  • Andrew McCarthy
  • Flipped-up collars

If you’d like to suggest a topic for a future post, send an e-mail to the WFTW mailbox.

No comments: