The Dreaded Glitch

So an IT error caused thousands of local crime victims (and families of) to receive erroneous automated calls that the perpetrator was being freed. This story hits even more personally to me, as one of my co-workers received the call that her daughter's killer was being freed (figures the one night I actually watch local news and I catch that).

To me though, the bigger question is, why are these calls being made by an automated service? If someone in my family was murdered and the killer was being freed, I had damned well better be notified by a human being and not some machine. Would it kill them to hire someone to make these calls personally? If it's a budget or volume issue, don't you think people would be willing to pay an extra $2 a year in taxes to fund that position?

No comments: