Pissing Contests?

Over the last few weeks, I've been in several situations where I've had the opportunity to meet new people that share my left of center views on politics and life. It never fails though, once you get a group of liberals together, we often enter into a liberal pissing contest, trying to out-liberal the next person. Our big tent beliefs, where we welcome many different points of view, seems to often lead us into conversation such us this:
(yes, I've said one of those things myself)

Thinking about our liberal conversational races to the left made me ask myself: "Do conservatives have their own version of right-wing pissing contests?" I've never been a conservative so I don't know. What do they do when they are alone together? Do they sound like this?


What do you think? What do conservatives say to each other when a group of them get together? My challenge for you this week is to post in the comments what you think these conservatives say when they get together. Feel free to re-write any of these liberals or conservatives lines and post them here or come out tonight at Fries Cafe or Wednesday at DLNKY's meeting and let us know what you think. If you've actually overheard one of these conversations (either liberal or conservative) please share them!


2 comments:

jk said...

I hear them all the time. Steak, strippers and golf.

A.B. said...

You missed the part where the liberals try to earn their street cred by upping the ante on how upset they are with Obama that he's not progressive enough for them. My guess for the right is that they talk about things like waterboarding squirrels that ruin their landscaping, or who ridiculed a homeless guy the hardest.