Calling your senator, part 1/2

Experiments in democracy - a multi-part series

I finally decided to weigh in on the stimulus bill, and decided to call Sen.
Voinovich on a Friday.

The Ohio offices claim to be opened from 8-5 PM on Fridays.
I called starting at 8:20AM

My first call, the Columbus, OH office - the response - nobody answered.
No problem, I'll leave a message.

"You cannot leave a message because the mailbox is full" - they're still using
a capacity-limited Audix voicemail system! How 1990!

Doesn't Cisco sell something better than that now?

My second call, the southwest Ohio office - the response - nobody answered.
I tried different extensions - still no response.

Giving up for now, I decided to leave a message:

"You cannot leave a message because the mailbox is full" - Grrrr....

So, did everybody go on vacation when George decided to retire at the end of his term?

No comments: