Take responsibility for your dating life!

Via Andrew Sullivan, I've found yet another specialized dating site, except this one should make liberals from all over cackle with delight: theatlasphere.com.

Yes, it's a site designed to "connect admirers of The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged". An entire site.

Now, this seems awful regulated, with a lot of people maintaining a network that does not necessarily provide them a direct benefit (at least related to the amount of work they put into it), which I think would go against their general values. But, be that as it may, New York Magazine decided to peruse some of the profiles and see what they found. Check these out, and see if they appeal to the single liberal in you (comments in italics):

mattqatsi, East Dundee, Illinois - If I Could “Do Lunch” With Anyone: Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich … Do I really have to explain? (ummm, yes - is Bill Kristol going to be the waiter for the lunch?)

thustotyrants, Selden, New York - [I am] short, stark, and mansome. You should contact me if you are a skinny woman. If your words are a meaningful progression of concepts rather than a series of vocalizations induced by your spinal cord for the purpose of complementing my tone of voice. (Ann Coulter, please pick up the white courtesy phone)

Zak, Long Island, New York - I am rational, integrated, and efficacious. So far, I’ve never met a person who lives up to the standard I hold for myself (except online). I take my relationships seriously. I am simply not attracted to many of the women in this world. I do not “hook-up” with girls. I only kiss those who deserve, and so far I have only encountered one who did. (translation: I had cybersex with a 19 year old size 2 hottie that turned out to be Rosie O'Donnell)

Lewis, London, U.K. - I love intelligent, sassy girls, particularly those working in consulting or investment banking (but other fields are great too). Really, nothing is hotter than an accomplished girl in a suit, as long as she is willing to settle down and have my children. I want a girl who will support my ambitions against the naysayers in society. (I don't even know what to make of this...)

Rob, Stanford, California - My every action is guided according to my philosophy, and my philosophy is the philosophy of Ayn Rand. I am interested in meeting someone that truly embodies the values and virtues of Objectivism...I have changed many girls’ lives, but no one has blown me away yet. I never “hook-up” randomly, I never kiss a girl that doesn’t deserve mine. I have yet to find a girl deserving of my falling in love with her. But “other people” are secondary values no matter what, so finding someone is not a priority for me. (who knew Dr. Phil posted profiles on dating sites?)

If this doesn't motivate you to a) come drink with us, and b) restrict your dates to liberals only, I don't know what will.

No comments: