Workin' For The Weekend - The Music Exchange

This week's is more for my own benefit than it is an off-the-wall question...but that's just the freedom you get as the writer. Anyways, I've been trying to dig up some new and interesting music lately, and even satellite radio falls a little short sometimes. So I'm curious what people are listening to lately. Feel free to take this as an open thread to discuss your more modern tastes.

To get started, here's a few new bands I've picked up on:
  • Maximo Park
  • The Fratellis
  • Silversun Pickups
  • Hold Steady (very big on these guys)
  • Mute Math
  • The Cloud Room
  • Voxtrot

Acts I need someone to explain to me:

  • The Shins
  • The Arcade Fire
  • Amy Winehouse (seriously, what the fuck is with her? Seems like a dirtier, whorier version of Britney Spears)

No comments: