Peaceful Ruse

I'm travelling to the Boston area this week. I was in my favorite local seafood restaurant yesterday afternoon, Legal Seafoods in Cambridge, and the story about White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe's criticism of China's military was all over CNN. (Echoing Deadeye Dick's criticism of a couple of weeks ago.)

I'm not this blog's local conspiracy theorist, but I've noticed that this administration has a history of upping criticism of China whenever the financial interests of its leaseholders are threatened, so I wondered what was up. I didn't have to look any further than the business section of today's New York Times.

There's almost a trillion dollars of investment business up for grabs in China.

Guess who the administration wants to manage it?

That'll solve the trade deficit, fer sure.

No comments: