And God Cried...


As a citizen, I hold the Bush Administration equally responsible for the massacre of 24 civilians in Iraq by Marines. Of course, as a citizen I cannot excuse such action by our nation’s soldiers. But at the same time, I don’t know that I’m in a position to judge them. They have lived with horrors that I will never know, horrors that I hope my sons will never see. However, the Bush Administration made the decision to invade, ignored information in the planning phase so they could do this on the cheap and have consistently allowed a culture to exist where rules are viewed as inconveniences. History predicts that tragic events such as these killings will occur in this type of military action. It was the Bush Administration that had the arrogance to ignore history.

No comments: