You buy it, you own it

After watching the whole debacle of the DeLay resignation over the past 24 hours, I suddenly remembered something from my 10-year high school reunion yearbook (yes, we actually put one together). I thought I remembered one of my classmates being a sorta big wig in the Republican party. Looking through the book, I found this passage:

What is your greatest accomplishment since high school: working for the Chairman of the Republican party when we won control of the House for the first time in 40+ years.

Yep, that was the Tom DeLay and Newt Gingrich movement of 1994. You stake your name on that, you get all the baggage that comes with it. In the words of Montgomery Gentry, 'that's something to be proud of, that's a life you can hang your hat on'. That really warms my heart. For her sake, I hope she's seen the light.

No comments: