Workin' For The Weekend - 15 minutes of fame

It was Andy Warhol who once said that everyone gets 15 minutes of fame, or something to that effect. In a way that seems to be true. Everyone has a claim to fame either locally, nationally, or worldwide.

So what's yours? Have you been featured in the local paper? Auditioned for American Idol or fought with your sister/girlfriend/lover on Springer? Have you ever made a special guest appearance on COPS?

I think that there are 2 things that I can claim as my 15 minutes. Back in the late 80's I appeared in 2 television commercials for a local 2-year college. It seemed like those commercials played forever and I often wonder if that's the reason I'm always told that I look familiar. My other claim to fame would be the time that I played, "Sam The Eagle", the mascot for the 1984 Olympics at the soccer games in California. There's nothing like entertaining children from all over the world while dressed like an eagle.

No comments: