DL News Boxers for Thursday

I prefer boxers over briefs. I know, too much information. Let's get on with it.

(I Always Feel Like) Somebody’s Watching Me
Alberto Gonzales appears at an oversight hearing where he spoke about the electronic surveillance program. It appears that the administration will now seek approval from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court for their wiretapping. Yea, I know. I’m thinking the same thing, “What’s the catch?”

Yet Another Racist Republican from Virginia
First there was Mr. George “Macaca” Allen from Virgina and his racists remarks and now another Virginia Republican, Frank Hargrove, a state delegate thinks that African Americans should, “get over” slavery. I think that they all want to replace Jesse Helms as the nation’s top bigot. Maybe the R really stands for Racists.

A Call For Arms
Iraq’s Prime Minister Maliki has requested an immediate supply of arms for Iraqi troops stating that the need for American troops would go down within 3 to 6 months. So, if they stand up, we stand down – that is still a valid offer, right? In response to Condi’s statement that Maliki was on borrowed time, he replied her comments, "give morale boosts for the terrorists". It sounds like he has the rhetoric down and he’s ready to stand up. Give him some guns and let’s get the hell out of there.

I Think I Don't Remember
Art Buchwald has died at the age of 81. R.I.P.

No comments: